Neurological rehabilitation is a supervised program for people with disorders relationg to the nervous system. With this treatment a patient’s function can improve, symptoms can be reduced and well-being can be improved. Here at Southgate Physio we offer several neurological physiotherapy and rehabilitation services such as:
- Stroke (haemorrhagic, ischemic)
- Brain injury (traumatic, tumour, post-surgery)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Progressive nerve palsies
- Peripheral Neuropathy (including diabetic)
- Spinal Cord Injury (incomplete and complete)
Depending on the individual’s injuries, the physiotherapist will try to increase range of motion & independence and to reach recovery.
Why choose Southgate Physio?
Our expert physiotherapists:
- Can provide one-on-one rehabilitation
- Can use the latest, state of the art therapy methods and tools.
- Treat in private rooms
- Can do home visits (within 2 miles of the practice)
- Work in a welcoming and modern practice
A neurological rehabilitation program can work successfully, provided the patient and family are interactive with their involvement and participation. The main aim of the rehabilitation is to get the patient back to their highest level of function and well-being, improving their quality of life.
To reach these goals a physiotherapist’s rehabilitation program may involve:
- Activities to improve muscle control, walking, balance and mobility
- An individual exercise regime to aid with movement, prevent or decrease weakness and pain and to maintain a range of motion
- Pain management
Physiotherapy Services We Offer
Our clinic offers a wide range of treatments that are all recommended and tailored to everyone who comes and visits us. Our range of treatments complements the body and mind, helping to keep you pain and injury-free, delivering preventative measures to maintain your well-being and enhance your performance levels.
Our main aim is to restore your personal well-being so you can enjoy an active, healthy, and pain-free life. Click on any of the services to find out a little more about each treatment and understand if it might be right for you.