A branch of rehabilitative health, physical therapy makes use of uniquely designed exercises to help patients improve or regain their physical abilities. From physical diagnosis to the restorative, as well as, preventive stages of recovery, a physical therapist takes care of patients in all phases of healing. Physical therapy might be a standalone option, or it may support other treatments.
Physical therapists are capable of treating a wide range of medical conditions. If you are suffering from any of the following conditions, you might want to consider getting physical therapy treatment in London:
- Conditions related to the hands like, trigger finger and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and post-myocardial infarction
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions like, rotator cuff tears, back pain and temporomandibular joint disorders
- Sports-related injuries like, tennis elbow, Strains and sprains.
- Neurological conditions, such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain juries and vestibular dysfunction
- Paediatric conditions like, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy and delays in development
Simply put, if you have chronic pain, injury or suffering from a condition that affects how you normally function and move around, consult a physiotherapist. With a personalised physiotherapy programme, individuals are known to return to their prior level of functioning. Besides, physical therapy in London encourages lifestyle change and the adoption of certain activities that help in preventing further injury.
Are you wondering what makes physical therapy so important and sought-after? Here are a few ways in which this treatment can benefit you.
- Completely eliminate or reduce pain – Manual therapy techniques and therapeutic exercises like, mobilisation of the soft and joint tissues or electrical stimulation can relieve pain. They can even restore normal joint and muscle function. In most cases, pain is prevented from returning due to these therapies.
- Better mobility – If you are facing trouble moving, walking, or standing, physical therapy can help. Strengthening and stretching exercises help restore one’s ability to move. Maximisation of your ability to move is one of the most important physical therapy benefits.
- Avoid surgery and opioids – For some conditions like, degenerative disk disease or knee osteoarthritis, physical therapy can prove as effective as surgery. Even if you do have to undergo surgery, physical therapy can be a part of your recovery. In case you are suffering from long-term pain, physical therapy can help in pain management without the need for prescription opioids and other pain medication.
Additionally, physical therapy helps in the prevention of future injuries as it assesses the weak areas in the patient’s body and makes a plan to strengthen those vulnerable points. By recognising the areas of skeletal and muscular weakness, a physical therapist is able to analyse the likelihood of a patient suffering injury. An exercise regime is created targeting the weak joints and muscle groups. This prevents future injuries.
If you are an athlete, a sportsperson or someone with a debilitating health condition, find a physical therapy clinic and seek help.
Physiotherapy Services We Offer
Our clinic offers a wide range of treatments that are all recommended and tailored to everyone who comes and visits us. Our range of treatments complements the body and mind, helping to keep you pain and injury-free, delivering preventative measures to maintain your well-being and enhance your performance levels.
Our main aim is to restore your personal well-being so you can enjoy an active, healthy, and pain-free life. Click on any of the services to find out a little more about each treatment and understand if it might be right for you.